One Company, Three Great Shops

Poverty Barn is the parent company of two other businesses: Roo's Remnants and 4 Left Turns. Between the three, we've got you covered when it comes to home decor, baby and kid items and anything related to racing. Visit the links on the left to find out more about what we have to offer.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Making it Personal

There is something special about personalization. It makes a piece truly unique and "yours", doesn't it?  I absolutely love it when I get to turn one of my creations into a personalized piece, and when customers come to me with an idea of their own.  The challenge of re-working a previous design, or starting from scratch keeps me from falling into the hum-drum of making the same things over and over again.

These three canvases all started in different ways.  The Family Tree was a birthday gift for my step-Mom.  It is very close to my heart because our family may not be related by blood, but we were joined by God and we are truly blessed.  I have always been interested in genealogy, so this piece was just a natural outpouring of that fascination.  It's one of my favorite pieces to date.



The Pittsburgh canvas was one of those creations that was requested by a customer. I've done several cities in a series I call "See the City," but this one was the first that used a sports logo in the background.  The client chose all of the aspects of the collage, and I was able to put it together for them.  The process of creating a piece like this is so much fun for me.  I love interacting with the customer, and tweaking the layout, colors and placement until it's just right.  Hearing from them once they have received it is such a great feeling!


I've made many family name/initial canvases over the last year, but this one was to be used in a way that had never crossed my mind.  The bride-to-be requested this in a large (16"x20") size with lots of empty space around the writing so that her wedding guests will be able to sign it at their reception.  It will hold a place of honor in their home afterward, and I feel blessed to know that I will get to have a small part in their big day!

There are many other custom creations in my portfolio, and many more to come.  I welcome your ideas and would love to create a special piece just for you!

3 comments:

  1. Great canvasses. You have been busy!
    The wedding one is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I have been busy, but it's a good kind of busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to feature you with a giveaway of one of your things e-mail me by wednesday. vsbelley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...