One Company, Three Great Shops

Poverty Barn is the parent company of two other businesses: Roo's Remnants and 4 Left Turns. Between the three, we've got you covered when it comes to home decor, baby and kid items and anything related to racing. Visit the links on the left to find out more about what we have to offer.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

At Home at Home Depot

There was a time when the only reason I wanted go to Home Depot was to see Tony Stewart's picture on the Coke machine.  Those were the days when all I saw was boring stuff like lawn mowers, pvc pipe, and electrical supplies when I walked through the door, usually trailing my hubby.


Oh how times have changed!

Don't get me wrong, because I firmly believe that heaven might just be one big craft store, but Home Depot is a really fun place to find project supplies. It all started with spray paint and has moved on to washers, thumb tacks and sand paper.


Last week I went in for some of the aforementioned thumb tacks when I found myself in the tile aisle.  I've bought tile before, but it came from the Habitat for Humanity store and the selection was pretty limited.  Needless to say, Home Depot's choices are something out of a dream.


Previously, I've used 4x4 and 3x12 ceramic tile for applying vinyl lettering and sayings.  Those are fun, and I love how easily vinyl sticks to them, but I got a little bored with my colors (or lack of) since I bought only white and gray.


The tiles I bought last week are small, and the colors are oh-so-yummy!  Most of them are glass, but some are tumbled stone and I have yet to decide which ones I like best.  They come on a sheet and for this project, I just pulled them off the mesh backing, created some inspirational words with my Silhouette Cameo and stuck magnets on the back.


You can see here how they look.  It's a very simple project with limitless potential.


So even though Joey Logano has replaced Tony on the Coke machine, I still find myself gazing that direction as I leave one of my favorite stores.  And I still smile.


Linking up to this party today!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! And I just love browsing around Home Depot. You just never know when inspiration will strike. And now I'll have to check out the Coke machine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Thanks, Sharon! Home Depot really is fun, and it's nice that now when my husband and I go, I don't have that "I can't wait to get out of here" feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...