One Company, Three Great Shops

Poverty Barn is the parent company of two other businesses: Roo's Remnants and 4 Left Turns. Between the three, we've got you covered when it comes to home decor, baby and kid items and anything related to racing. Visit the links on the left to find out more about what we have to offer.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Heart Prints

It's raining here today. Again.  And truly, after the severe drought we've had, it's a blessing so I'm not complaining at all.

But the thing is, the rain is making me a little bit morose, and I don't like to feel that way.

Here's what's on my mind:

Reminders of all that a friend is missing out on today because he took his own life a few years back.

A dear cousin who is losing her battle with cancer, yet surely gaining a special place in heaven.

A family who is waiting for the birth of a baby with anencephaly, which means that the child has a 1% chance of surviving more than a few hours after delivery.

The speed at which life passes, especially the older we get, as evidenced by my grand-daughter's first birthday in just a few days, my son's 20th birthday not long after that, and my Dad's 80th birthday in October.

Individually, these things are enough to choke me up, but add them together and let me ponder them on a rainy day, and I should be a rapidly expanding puddle of tears.

What keeps me sane, what binds my heart and stops the tears from overwhelming me is the knowledge that God is bigger than each of these events, and stronger than the emotions of all of them combined. I know that He holds each person involved in the palm of His hand, leaving fingerprints of comfort upon each heart.

I know they are on mine, some smudged, some barely visible, and some as clear and sharp as if cut by a laser.

God is good, in all things. And for that, on this rain-soaked day, I am thankful.

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...