One Company, Three Great Shops

Poverty Barn is the parent company of two other businesses: Roo's Remnants and 4 Left Turns. Between the three, we've got you covered when it comes to home decor, baby and kid items and anything related to racing. Visit the links on the left to find out more about what we have to offer.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Pinteresting Mother's Day Gifts

Pinterest.  It can be a major inspiration, or a huge waste of time. It all depends on if you actually make or do some of the things you see, or if you just pin and dream.

I tend to do a bit of both. Of course, I am much more successful at making crafty projects than cooking the recipes I find. I am not ashamed to admit that I am the most undomesticated person I know.  Cooking is not my forte. Looking at our house right now, you would assume that I am also vacuum-challenged, and you would be right.

Fortunately, when God opted to spare me the domesticity gene, he replaced it with the crafty gene, and I would much rather have that one so I'll exploit it to no end.

On one of my recent Pinterest breaks, I found a fun tutorial for painting canning jars with chalk paint, then sealing them with a wax sealer.  In the blog, they also filled them with dirt and planted succulents.  Apparently, chalk paint and succulents are two really "in" things right now, so I feel super sly knowing that I'm on that bandwagon.

I decided these would make fun Mother's Day gifts so I fixed up a half dozen and gave them away to my Moms, my daughter and a couple of other special ladies in my life. I also made my own cards, using a burlap print that I had created the week before.  The combinations were a hit, and here's how it all turned out:

I added the burlap "ribbon" for an extra rustic touch.








I had a few plants leftover, so I potted them in these blue insulators, which fit perfectly in this scrap from one of the many pallets in our stock pile.


I used this printed burlap piece (available in our Etsy shop), reduced it, and adhered it to the front of a folded piece of card stock to create the "perfect" Mother's Day card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...