One Company, Three Great Shops

Poverty Barn is the parent company of two other businesses: Roo's Remnants and 4 Left Turns. Between the three, we've got you covered when it comes to home decor, baby and kid items and anything related to racing. Visit the links on the left to find out more about what we have to offer.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Inspiration

This weekend marked the beginning of the craft show season for us. You might think that means things start to get hectic.

You would be wrong.

Things got hectic weeks ago as we began planning for this show.

On top of trying to keep up with online orders, wholesale orders and deals, we have to squeeze in time for creating new items that we sell exclusively at shows.  It's challenging and fun and sometimes makes us want to pull our hair out.  If you see us, and we have dark circles under our eyes, and some patchy baldness, you'll know why.

For someone in my position - the empty nester with no other job - all of this can make me nuts, but I can pretty much plan things out and know that I'll be able to complete my tasks with few interruptions. For Jess, with two kids under three at home, that is not the case. Honestly, I don't know how she does it!  I know how tired I am after twelve or more hours on my feet or at the computer, but if I did all that I do, plus chased after two littles and got up with them at night and everything else, well, I'd probably collapse.

This is just one of the reasons why I admire my daughter so much. She is an amazing woman and I am blessed to be her Mom. Our time spent together on craft show weekends is incredibly precious to me. She makes me laugh, makes me think, and inspires me beyond measure.

So here's to Jess. You rock my socks!

P.S. If we meet at a craft show, and she's nodding off, let her sleep. She needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...